Our Foundation was conceived in the late-1990s as a national organization – by a group of NECA members, Contractors, Benevolent industry participants and our registered training organization (previously known as NECA Group Training NSW) and originally called the ElectroComms Contracting Foundation. We are indebted to the generosity of those initial benefactors and NECA NSW staff who made this Foundation possible. The Foundation was established by the Electrotechnology industry with a vision of developing its outstanding young tradespeople to become successful business professionals and future industry leaders. In August 2016 the Foundation was incorporated, and we have acquired Charity and Not-for-Profit status, with both the ACNC and ATO, with NECA as the Foundation’s sole member.
As a result of the new legal status, all future donations will receive Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status. This means that donors can receive a deduction for gifts and can be assured that their donations can only be used on scholarships according to the rules of the fund.
There is a Board of Trustees which also acts as the current Foundation Committee. Going forward there will also be a Council of Benefactors which will include all past donors of the ElectroComms Foundation, as well as all future donors. And the newly-formed Council of Benefactors will direct policy, direction and activities of the new Foundation.
The Board of Trustees will continue to administer the Foundation activities including running courses, managing scholarships and facilitating a Benefactor program as directed by the initial Council of Benefactors.
- Fundraising, investing and allocating funds for education and research that benefit and advance the interests of the Electrotechnology industry.
- Supporting research that benefits the Electrotechnology industry.
- Provide scholarships to upskill Electricians.
- Fund research into the optimum entry age to the trade, Male or Female.
- Produce textbooks to assist electrical contractors.
- Deliver workshops/programs to upskill electrical contractors.